Sunday, September 18, 2011

To Make Up For Wasted Time...

To make up for all the time I have obviously squandered not blogging I am attempting to put up two posts in one day! Impressive, right? Here are the highlights of my summer and first 3 weeks of school.


Well, school started. I was actually really excited about it. I'm living in an on-campus apartment with the lovely Sam Lamp and a few Asians. One is a super adorable exchange student from Japan, the other is a ghost. To get the boring things out of the way, I am taking calc 2, fundamentals of investing, principles of microeconomics, and the history of rock and roll. Calculus kills me, but I'm doing alright with it so far. Even though I have to go to the math center for help almost every day. But it could be worse, right?


Since school started I have taken part in a number of few activities. One of which was the first Utah football game of the season, which was against Montana State. This year Utah is in the Pac 12, which is a big deal to those who care a lot about collegiate sports (not me so much). But the really exciting part was that I got to watch the game from row 2 with Scott and Sam. Over Labor Day weekend I went camping with Scott and his family in  Yellowstone. I'm not much of a camper, but I guess this was an easy transition into the world of camping. Yellowstone was really pretty, even though we didn't get to see as much wildlife as usual - according to Scott. My favorite sight that we visited was the Prismatic Pool, which was named for its broad spectrum of colors. The only bad part about camping was how cold it got at night, 18 degrees! I was not expecting that. But all in all, I wouldn't mind going camping again.


The next weekend I went up to Logan with Tavia to do support with my cousin Traci for Tavia's dad and his friend Mark while they were racing Lotoja (Logan to Jackson). My dad usually races it too, but sadly he didn't do it this year. It was pretty boring, a lot of anxiously waiting to see Kent and Mark and then driving to the next support station (AKA feed zone, what are they, cattle??). Kent and Mark didn't finish in the times that they wanted, but they finished, which is a lot more than I could do! That race is 206 miles, that's just madness. The weekend was fun, I got to spend some quality time with my cousins, and Tavia and I got trained to support for Lotoja if Traci moves from Logan by next year's race. Successful, right?


This weekend was also eventful. Mostly today. I participated in a large (but not record-breaking large) water balloon fight and got sunburned (always). And then I watched the Utah vs. BYU football game. It was pretty exciting, even for someone like me who doesn't pay too much attention to sports. It was close for the first half and then we ended up winning 54-10. A good morale booster for Utah!


So lately I have taken to watching a lot of Netflix, a recent acquisition to my room. So far I have watched all that Netflix has to offer of 30 Rock, Weeds, and I am working my way through Bones. Sadly, Netflix doesn't offer CSI or Criminal Minds. That was probably one of the most depressing moments of my Netflix life. Any suggestions from my fellow Netflixers as to what series I should watch after Bones? I was thinking Desperate Housewives, to get a good laugh. I'm an ironic hipster like that.


Well that's all I got for now. Thanks for listening to my spiel fans1

No comments:

Post a Comment