Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sleeping





You know what would make my life so much easier? Not needing sleep. Imagine if we were all just human robots and never needed sleep. Or vampires, like in Twilight. Pretend like I didn’t just confess knowledge of that. So much more would get accomplished! Sure, I would probably just end up procrastinating more. But, I would also not end up falling asleep in at least one class every day. Why has no one thought about this before, and how to cure it?? Sleeping is like a disease that the entire population of the world is suffering from! Why doesn’t someone create a caffeine patch, like in Meet the Robinson’s? 
"You can stay awake for days with no side effects! AHHHHH!!!"

With all our fancy science these days, why hasn’t anyone figured out how to do some little brain operation that erases the need for sleeping?
That being said, how much I can sleep is also a point a pride. Last night I got 12 hours of sleep and slept through all my classes. Yesterday I passed out cold for 4 hours. The week before spring break when I was sick I slept for 12-14 hours a night plus naps. Last semester I took an 8 hour nap. I can sleep pretty much any time of day or night, anywhere. I love sleeping, but I waste so much time doing it. Even Max says that I spend more time asleep than awake. Sorry my body just needs copious amounts of sleep to function properly! I would much rather be out doing SOMETHING. Anything. But wintertime just makes me want to hibernate. Anyone else feel like that? Like when there’s a cloudy, dark, cold day you just want to put on sweats and an enormous sweatshirt and curl up in bed watching The Office or Arrested Development while eating a sleeve of Ritz crackers? Anyone? Well thank goodness it’s springtime now, maybe my sleep habits will go back to normal. But probably not.
On an unrelated note, have I ever mentioned how awesome I am at making cards? Because I’m really great at it. Or at least I like to think so. I made my lovely boyfriend, Scott, a fantastic birthday card since his birthday was today.  





It’s pretty great, if I do say so myself. Cell phone added to show how big it was (that's what s/he said).

No comments:

Post a Comment